Monday, June 29, 2009

Anniversary

I've suddenly remembered that tomorrow, June 30th, is my ONE YEAR BLOG ANNIVERSARY!

In one year, I've written almost three hundred posts and received over 25,000 hits! I've met the most amazing writers, artists, photographers, crafters, gardeners and most of all mothers and fathers struggling with some of the same things that I do but who are almost always graceful and beautiful in the evocation of that struggle. I've laughed my ass off at many blogs, fought viscerally with some commenters on my own and have begun friendships OFF-LINE all over the world. I've received gifts and support and words of love from all of you.

And I thank you, deeply, for the experience. I am amazed at the power of the internet, at the wonder of community.

I think, for tomorrow's post and perhaps as the week goes by, I'll post my favorite entries. But I'd like a little help. If you care to comment on what YOUR favorite post of mine is, I'll listen and on Monday of next week, I'll draw your name for a free, signed copy of my friend Vicki Forman's amazing new book This Lovely Life.

My first giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. Happy one year anniversary! I am so glad I found you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your life lessons and humanity. You are a great teacher. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear elizabeth, thank you for your visit and words. right to your anniversary i arrived here on your wonderful blog ;-)best wishes from switzerland*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Annivesary......you have a wonderful site that I come to daily!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for you! I sure am glad to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy one year anniversary!! So very glad to have found your blog!!! I think my favorite post was the one about Sielki (Sp?)- love that post!! You write beautifully and from the heart!! Here is to the next year!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND
    my favorite post

    Happy one year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary. And thanks- your your heart-full-ness and your fearless writing are gifts to readers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth,
    Huge congratulations on your one year anniversary of blogging. You are so seasoned, in your posts and comments that I would have never guessed you were only one year in. I am so glad I found your blog, though I no longer remember how. Looking forward to many more years of your expertly crafted wisdom and authenticity!
    mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...