Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Corner View Wednesday


Join me and others around the world as we show you this week's theme: The View From My Back Window. In this case it's my door -- looks like overnight one of those giant palm fronds came crashing down. I always wonder what would happen if it hit someone. Those things are incredibly hard and heavy. We have a wonderful backyard, although today's photo looks a bit gloomy. We Los Angelenos are going through what we call "June Gloom" and it's a particularly gloomy month this year. Every morning we wake to dull gray skies and chilly air. Sometimes it burns off to typical sunshine by mid-afternoon, but lately it hasn't. You hear lots of complaining about this, and each year I laugh because we all talk about it as if it doesn't happen every single year.

You can't see it here, but we have an apple tree, a tangerine tree, an orange tree, a Meyer lemon tree and about a zillion blooming perennials. And virtually no maintenance. Really, nothing to complain about.

For some more probably FAR more interesting Corner Views, click on any of these:

caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana,denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, ruth, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, jenna, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa,britta, virgina, april, rebecca, b, kyndale samantha, karen, kristina, angelina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, di, travelingmama, aimee, sunnymama amanda, ali, jenell, guusje, britta, juanita, pamela, inna, daan, myrtille, cris, ibb, susi, jodi, lily, gillian, doobleh-vay

21 comments:

  1. Your backyard is so sweet :) I LOVE the red wagon too!
    I know about June gloom too - but we're not having it this year (thank GOD!) - cuz it's not much different from February March April or May gloom :)

    cheers! and happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, fruittrees in your backyard and a palmtree too! That's very exotic to my as a Dutch girl ;-)

    great place and hope the gloomyness will be over soon.

    Lots of sun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your back yard and I love the way you describe how people complain even though they know it's coming. It seems like every summer it gets so hot in Utah and we are all shocked it's really this hot! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your corner view.

    I heard on the news that California is cutting off 5 billion dollars for public schools. I was like 'what the hell'.

    Will this affect Sophie because I remember when you were talking about the schools and if I remember right some of Sophie's days were all ready shortened.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo jealous! i was born on the wrong side of the continent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lucky, things just grow where you are!
    all those fruit trees sound fantastic, esp the myer lemon!

    thanks for stopping by my little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a big backyard, I like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. when i lived in Phnx there was a lemon tree in the front and back garden. i miss that alot. i made lemonade ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine having all those citrus trees!! So jealous! The complaining part is hilarious! 'June Gloom'... now I know the lingo!

    Hope you week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never heard of "June Gloom" but we must be having the same thing up here in Northern CA... though I am one of those poeple who LOVES cooler, cloudy weather :)

    Wonderful - all the fruit trees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great place to play. Oh and your June Gloom is making itself felt here has well but it beats 100 degree weather anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah yes, giant palm fronds. we had them at our last place ... don't miss them !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your new blog template.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great backyard - I love how the trees and hedge shelter the play area for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a wonderful fun safe haven for kids to play.. my boys would love your yard! I am envious of all your fruit trees! Hope you make it through June gloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fact that you have fruit trees in your own yard. The view from your window looks safe, pretty & cozy, to me.

    It makes me smile, as a Washingtonian, to hear about the griping when the sun doesn't make a daily appearance. Up here, the appearance of the sun is truly something to celebrate. You see people heading outdoors immediately, doing all kinds of sports & hobbies, soaking it up. Indoor chores & pursuits go straight to the bottom of the list. Thanks for sharing your view!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get my kids over to your back yard. school is out today. God help me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not at all. Your backyard is so different from mine. I can't imagine those phallic looking trees. Well, I can imagine them but that's all. We're all pine and rock here. An interesting glance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my..do you provide helmets for the ones who dare to go near your palm tree? ;)
    And we Dutch complain about the weather all year around! Either it´s too hot or too cold. Too much rain or too dry. All year Gloom!
    Would love to spend some time in your garden, helmet or not. ;)
    Have a great weekend, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love it! thanks for sharing elizabeth! hope you are having a great weekend.besos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...