Thursday, November 13, 2014

After-School Conversations





I caught Sophie lying like this and listening to Eva Cassidy singing Imagine.  Still life with cup and purple ball.

Imagine all the people living life in peace




I caught these guys in their version of conversation, responding to my own shout from the living room. Here's how it went:

ME:

HENRY! What's the deal with you leaving your socks in the living room at night when you take them off? THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE PAIRS LYING ON THE FLOOR AND YOU NEED TO CUT THAT OUT!

HENRY:

Oh, yeah. Ha ha ha ha ha. Ok, MOM! 

OLIVER (interrupting):

Yeah, Henry, you're such a pig! You leave your boxers in the bathroom every morning after your shower. I like to pee on them!

SOUNDS OF PROTEST AND MUFFLED SCREAMS

ME:

YOU GUYS! PLEASE! ENOUGH!

OLIVER:

HE'S KILLING ME! HE'S KILLING ME!

HENRY:

You can't just pee on my clothes! You can't even say that you did!

ME:

YOU GUYS! PLEASE! ENOUGH!






Five minutes later.

HENRY AND OLIVER:

See you later, Mom. We're riding our bikes up to the video store.




11 comments:

  1. Yeah, well, good rule: "You can't pee on my clothes and you can't even say that you did."

    And then a fragile peace fell over the land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. This is a perfect snapshot of a family. Especially a family with brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOYS! I love it. (I hope he picks up his socks tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know about those socks! The proliferate in my living room too. I love this snapshot of family life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go see this play. I'd even put on pants.
    love,
    rebeccayourfan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haaa!! I love it. Reminds me of life with my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to say that the sock thing is not just for boys - I have 2 girls and we frequently have the same conversation - why is it so hard to walk the extra foot and put them in the clothes hamper??

    Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just pulled 5 pairs of socks out from under my daughter's bed. My first reaction was actually relief because I KNEW she had more socks and had been vaguely keeping an eye out for them in the drawers of other family members, thinking they were just misplaced as part of an epic laundry folding extravaganzas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It strikes me that my daughter CB, (the same age and so much in "sameness" as your Sophie) has the same shade of lavender/lilac in her room too.

    She looks like such a teen laying on her floor listen to music. Makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope that helped with the dirty socks in the living room - because i have the same problem here, and i might just use Oliver's line.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...