Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday Collage with Frida, Van and Oxford Health



I found my Frida Kahlo Frocks and Socks magnetic set in one of the drawers whose contents I am purging this afternoon. I also found Sophie's original health insurance cards which provoked a storm of reminiscing in my head about the events of June, 1995 when she was diagnosed. I might title that chapter The HMO: Part One In The Odyssey of an Unwitting Healthcare System Traveler, A Tragedy.  

Cast my memory back there, Lord. Sometimes I'm overcome.***

















*** from Van Morrison's Brown-Eyed Girl, easily one of my favorite songs and a line that comes to me at least once a day, but in this case, does not refer to making love in the green grass behind the stadium.


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel our roots intertwine. Above the surface, things may look very different, but underneath, oh, there is so much shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs too.

    I like your title and your collage.The things we find while cleaning out drawers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...